Long Vowel Poem

1. Ladybug Teacher

February 10th, 2011 at 2:40 am

oh these are absolutely adorable!! My kids would love the illustrations and they are older students! Where did you find the illustrations for the first poster (like the pie and light bulb?) they look like stickers?
    Thanks so much for sharing these!

Ladybug
    ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com

2. Mrs. Mangham

February 10th, 2011 at 2:54 am

you're so great…and generous. thanks!

3. amanda

February 10th, 2011 at 3:03 am

I love these! especially since I always seem to lack in the creativity area! Thank you for sharing!

4. Nikki

February 10th, 2011 at 3:09 am

Cute posters! My kids LOVE the songs on
    http://pbskids.org/lions/videos . There is a song about two vowels go walking and how the first one does the talking! They just LOVE it! Also, there are some awesome songs on starfall.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Nikki

5. Sarah Paul

February 10th, 2011 at 3:24 am

Those are so cute! My kids will love those. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

~Sarah

6. According to Ashley

February 10th, 2011 at 4:15 am

The little couples are precious!

7. Football Wife

February 10th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Those posters are awesome! I teach third, but you've inspired me to add some new things to my lessons and room. Great work!

8. Mrs. Magee

February 11th, 2011 at 12:59 am

Adorable! I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!

9. Angelia

February 11th, 2011 at 3:10 am

These are great! I'm trying to figure out if I can recreate these. My students could definitely use some visual reminders.

10. vicky1970

February 11th, 2011 at 3:46 am

I love reading your posts!! I guess I'm old school in that I have a website…blogs seems to much more up to date. I have fun with my website though anyway. Thanks for always sharing GREAT ideas!!! I love sharing and getting fresh ideas. :o) Keep em' coming… God bless
    visit me sometime http://www.vickymoore2.com

11. Laura

February 12th, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hey Abby,

After reading your long vowel poems I was inspired for a few myself:

Long E:

Long e, long e, yes that's me!
    I can be like a bee, I can read under a tree.
    As long e, I can jump like a flea or enjoy a sweet cup of tea.

Long A:

I am long a, I like to play, I run around all day!
    Sometimes I pair with i and y and make words like: train and way.
    I always say my name when you see a_e. I make words like cake and shake–there is no mistake!

Wanted to share since you share so much!

12. Anonymous

February 12th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I love these!!! Perfect to help teach these sounds. Please add the others if you get additional ones made!!! You are the best.

13. Leslie Ann

February 21st, 2011 at 2:49 am

You saved my lesson last week with the /ai/ and /ay/ poster. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved these so much, that I made my own. Check them out! :)http://lifeinfirstgrade1.blogspot.com/2011/02/vowel-people.html

14. Miss Brown

April 1st, 2011 at 2:11 am

I used these and made some of my own. My students really enjoyed the poems.
    Love your blog!!!

15. Honey

July 19th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

This is the cutest thing! I think you're a wonderful poet! 🙂 Keep up the great work!

Honey

16. Mrs. Zrihen

July 25th, 2011 at 2:31 am

These are fabulous!!! You're awesome!

17. Melissa

January 22nd, 2012 at 5:52 pm

While you say you're not a poet, I have to disagree! These are so cute and creative, what a way for students to remember long vowels!! Thanks for sharing these with us, they are amazing!!!

18. Mrs. Sheets

April 21st, 2012 at 5:16 pm

These are great. I have been making phonics posters, too! http://laurasteachertalk.blogspot.com/ I will definitely be using some of your ideas!
    Laura

19. Mrs. Schatz

May 25th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I know this is unconventional but I am one of your followers, I have not been on in a while due to things going on within my school district that have made it hard to contribute. I wrote a post on my blog today briefly letting people know about what is going on. If you could stop by and read it and spread the word to ask others to read it I would appreciate it.
    Mrs. Schatz

20. Michelle Carter

February 17th, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I am a brand new teacher so this may sound silly. Where do you get your markers? What type do you use?
    rfamy6@yahoo.com