Week One DOWN. Shoo!

1. After some trial and error, I was able to successfully combine Treasures with the D5. I teach 3rd, but the format isn't all that different from 1st. I love seeing how you spice Treasures up! Hard to believe you've finished 10 days. We don't even start school for another 9. Glad it's going well.

❤Jodi from…
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

2. Conchy says:

Abby,

It's so nice to hear all is going well!! I wish a was a kid in your class! I'd be having so much fun!!
    What is Jitter Juice? Can you give some info on it? Sounds fun!!!

Conchy

3. Debi says:

Yes, it is! We started Pete the Cat this week, they love the book and song. I am starting Daily 5 this year. We did Read to Self 3 times today, it was a harder day someone starts reading out loud or humming usually! We are in AZ and we have not been able to go outside during the day because of Extreme Heat Warnings! 112-114 until Wednesday! Ugh!!!! Love your blog, Debi

4. I love how you let your kids "bedazzle" their poetry journals. I've pinned your great idea!!

❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

5. Miss J says:

Love everything you did the first week!! Your students are blessed to have you as their teacher!!

Miss J

6. Miss Griffin says:

We read for 7 minutes yesterday and I was so very excited! It was our 6th day of school/5th day of Daily 5. I'm doing the I PICK lesson today! Sounds like things are going great in your room! I hope it stays that way!

Morgan

FantasticFirst

7. Patricia says:

Yay for one week down-you make everything fun for your firsties!So excited to use your Jitter Juice activities with my second graders!
    Primary Practice

8. So excited to hear about your Daily 5 kick off, Abby! I'm looking forward to trying it in my classroom this year for the first time! Love your blog 🙂 Thanks for inspiring me!!

9. Anonymous says:

what about your other blog? I love babbling' abby.

10. Mrs. Lynes says:

I am implementing daily 5 and cafe this year! And after a few days I feel like I am finally getting the hang of it 🙂 and I think I've figured out how to incorporate our basal as well! Is this your first year doing daily 5/cafe??

11. Miss Bowers says:

oh perfect! We do respectful, responsible and honest. We spend a lot of time talking about what each of these means and how we can show them in our classroom and other places throughout the school. I love the posters!! I think I will do that and then have each child sign them! 🙂

Thanks again for a fantabulous blog!

12. Annie says:

Do you know anyone that has cute social studies and science picture word cards for word walls? I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I have been searching everywhere!

Thanks!

13. Janis says:

Hi Abby! I just wanted to let you know that you're one of my Top 10 blogs!

Visit this page to grab your award!

Thank you for being an everyday inspiration! 🙂

Janis @ Caffeinated Conclusions

14. Paula says:

Can't wait to do this activity on Tuesday…my first day with my kiddos!

15. SAS says:

I love this journal idea. I'm gonna let my kiddos do that soon! I hope you'll be back soon with ideas. I gave you an award on my blog:
    You can grab it here:
    Thanks!
    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

16. Amanda says:

You are one my favorite must-read blogs. I present you with a Top 10 award. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and inspiratoin ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief
    My Top 10 Awards
    Grab Your Button Here

17. Ginger Snaps says:

You are on my Top 10 Teaching Blogs list!

To view the post, go here: http://gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-10-blogs.html

Here is the link to grab your award: http://bit.ly/rtHPbL

Thanks for everything you share! I use so many of your ideas even though I teach third!

Ginger

18. Mrs. Scoma says:

You are wonderful!!

I love your blog and just nominated you for one of my top ten. Get your award here: http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/05/top-10.html
    See my post here:

~Laura
    firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com

19. Janae says:

I just have to say I LOVE your Fun with Firsties packet! Jitter Juice was by far, my most favorite activity ever! 🙂

Also, I changed my blog address, so if you could change it on your sidebar, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! 🙂

Janae
    The Sharpened Pencil

20. Ms. Rachel says:

I love your blog! I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Come and check it out!

21. Hey Abby! Just wanted to thank you for a fun-filled back to school week! Your "Fun with Firsties" activities were engaging and exciting to teach. My students loved "Jitter Juice" and are still talking about it! What's funny is that there were at least 5 other classrooms at my school that made Jitter Juice. You have wonderful ideas and products. Thanks for offering them so others can touch the lives of their students. Your impact on children and their education is far-reaching! Check out my back to school post where I celebrate some of these activities.

Alicia
    First Grade Factory

22. MeiLing258 says:

Love your blog! I chose you as one of my Top 10! Go to my post to get your award!

23. Miss J says:

Hey Amy!!

I love how you introduced your rules!!

Definitely going to pin it :).

Miss J

Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

24. Your class sound like tons of fun! What wonderful activities. Love the journals and jitter juice, and the way you introduce your rules!

25. Anonymous says:

hi!,I love your writing so so much! share we communicate more
    about your article on AOL? I need a specialist in this house to resolve my problem.
    May be that's you! Looking forward to look you.
    My web blognumerology reading

26. […] from my sweet friend, Babbling Abby!!! You can read all about it on her post from way back in 2011, here! (2011?! I can’t believe I’ve been loving on teacher blogs for that long-!!) You can […]