The State of the Classroom Address: Take Two! - Babbling Abby

The State of the Classroom Address: Take Two!

1. You room looks great as is!

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

2. I hope I will eventually get a smartboard. Maybe there's grant writing in my future. I'm looking forward to your January units. I just posted a Happy New Year Unit on TPT. Hope you can check it out. Christmas Blessings to you!
    Tammy
    primaryparadise.blogspot

3. Booky4First says:

Oh, you have been walking in my shoes this year! I have those same (gulp) kids that can drive me cr—aaaasa—zy and so need a space to themselves! And Madame S does present a room arrangement issue. I have struggled with moving the meeting area, surrounded by desks that are in view of the SMARTboard issue for months now. I have pushed those desks upteenth different ways–to the point the kids probably expect to have a new place every day!

But…love your room…your posts!

4. I feel your pain! My smartboard came around Sept/Oct and could only go on the wall by the door? Since I am between two classroom with movable walls. Blah. I had to do a entire room change, take down bullentin boards, move a classroom library, etc! It was painful, but I kept trying to remind myself of how happy I was to get that smartboard ha. Now I keep thinking about how I want to rearrange next year!

5. Katie says:

Love the space you have! I just did the same thing this week because I got a new cabinet and bookcase. I also decided to get rid of my big teacher desk and I am loving it!

We just got interactive boards (we were too cheap to buy Smart Boards) this year and I love mine. I just wish I had the easy to use software that comes with SMART Boards.

Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

6. Mrs. Mody says:

I just got an email earlier today saying a smart board is in my future. I now have anxiety about what that means for my board arrangement. It is going to take up everything. Where will I put my calendar and all of the important board things. I am super nervous! Yours looks like it just "fits".

7. Traci says:

I can't wait to here about all the wonderful things you do with your smartboard. I have an ENO board. It's magnetic. Sits on top of my white board. It can be used as a white board, too. So it isn't in the way. Haven't used it anywhere near enough as a SMARTBOARD yet.

I love your blog and have awarded you the Sunshine Award over on my blog. Thanks for all you share!
    Dragonflies in First

8. Booky4First says:

Can't wait to see your "final" room arrangement pics! As usual–it will be awesome.

9. Kimberly says:

Since you already researched it, what effect does looping have on reading achievement? I don't have looping at my school, but I do have my own First Grader who will be looping to Second. He is already reading at about a 2nd or 3rd grade level, so I'm not worried about falling behind. I just wonder what research states. Thanks!

Kimberly
    1st in Maine

10. My Smartboard came during the summer years ago and I was told where it would go since we already had mounted projectors. I love mine and would go crazy without it!!!

Please stop by my blog. I have some inspirational poems I wrote that might help with Student X! I have 2 this year and have to read these poems daily to remember why God put them in my room and how he can use my daily to share of His love with them.

I also have an awesome giveaway you might want to check out. You could win an ADORABLE shirt that says 1st Grade Rocks!

11. Tanya Solano says:

Man, oh, man. How bout we take my student Xs and your student Xs and put them together in a big padded room for an afternoon….and we go thrift shopping???
    ….kidding…maybe ; )
    I have a smartboard, but am having compatibility issues with my MAC, which of course is where all of my notebook files are. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Have a wonderful holiday! PS-how's the bathroom???
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

12. Gracie says:

My problem is how my desks shift so much and I end up with a large table of 21 desks in the middle of the room. Can't wait to see your new unit!

Gracie

13. Sharon says:

You will LOVE your Smartboard! I have a Promethean Board (same thing, different manufacturer) and I use it everyday! I use the ActivInspire software with mine and do everything from the daily calender to phonics with it! Have fun!

14. I would love to know what you discovered in research as well. I would love to loop but the second grade teachers say no way…maybe if I had a good argument!

15. Looking forward to your new unit! I also have those kids that deserve a place all to their own. I call them islands in my room. I actually have a kid on a island right now! It's crazy this time of year.

16. Your room is great! =) A happy place to learn!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

17. Anonymous says:

Girl, I have to tell you your teacher friends in the South Jersey envy your classroom…IT'S HUGE!!!! Looks great!

18. Lindsey says:

Being from Kentucky, my eye instantly noticed your UK emblem! Wondering if you teach here or are you one of the smart people outside the state who are part of the Big Blue Nation:) LOVE your blog!

19. Tiff says:

So funny. After reading this, I had a dream I got a bog classroom like you!!! I am so envious. 🙂 I too have to space some kids out, and I am running out of spots to put them. ARGH!!

20. SunnyDays says:

I have student x's brother AND sister and a room about a third your size. I really think if we weren't all on top of each other I wouldn't notice every.stinkin.thing they do! Such is life. Good luck on the rearranging. My Smartboard is smack in the middle of my only whiteboard so I have about a 1 foot by 2 foot space if I want to write something the "old fashioned" way :/
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

21. Anonymous says:

I have wall to wall desks with no room to move. Unfortunately, my whiteboard is not centered but pushed all the way over to the left. Half my students have trouble seeing the screen. We are possibly looking at adding 2 more students. I had to give up my small group reading area. You are so lucky to half so much space.

22. Cheryl, MS Gulf Coast says:

OMG!! What I would give to get a room this big for my 1st graders!!!!

Our smart boards are over the to the right side of the room. Very difficult to situate the room so that all the kiddos can see properly. They are actually considering moving them to the middle of our regular white board….I can only wish that that actually DOES happen!!!

Have a great 2012-2013 school year!

23. AggieTeach03 says:

This room and the walls and the ceiling look just like my sister and brothers school where I first started subbing. It was built in a converted barn so there were odd walls and high slanted ceilings that made arranging hard. Yours looks great.

24. AggieTeach03 says: