Dinosaur Centers, Digraph Anchor Charts, & The Green Lantern

1. I actually JUST put this in my wishlist for next year – I do dinos in the beginning of the year – can't wait! 🙂
    The Teacher’s Cauldron

2. Mrs. Cupcake says:

Your dino centers look great!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

3. Your new dino unit looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the freebie! (Oh, and your little guy is too cute in his ensemble!)

Ѽ Alessia
    Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

4. Busy Bees says:

Love the dino unit. The look on Beck's face is totally priceless on a couple of those pictures. You have got to save those for his senior scrapbook!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

5. Andi says:

Oh my goodness!! He is so cute! It makes me remember when my little brother couldn't decide which Underoos set he wanted to wear – so he put on ALL of them! My mom was shocked when he took off his oversized winter jacket to remain very much OVERSIZED!

6. Mrs. Plum says:

Yep, it's a law here too. I'm on the student teacher end, and boy… it is so difficult to command complete control at this point in the year when your CT is still in the room — invisible talk or not!

7. Jodi says:

The charts are amazing and the centers look great!

Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

8. Anonymous says:

Love the outfit! My 3 1/2 year old clashes almost everyday!

9. Sarah says:

Hey Abby! I was just reading about your student teacher comment. I just finished mine last year and our college told us we couldn't be alone, but my cooperating teacher left me alone a few times towards the end of my experience. I loved it! It felt like the class was mine and I had to really use all my teacher skills to teach them and keep everything under control.

10. LYNDSEY says:

Hahahaha! Becks looks totally awesome in his Green Lantern attire. HILARIOUS!

Those anchor charts are amazing! Student teachers are not allowed to be "in charge" in Maryland. Teachers are allowed to make copies, go to the bathroom, etc., but they must always be in the building.

I'm loving your new dinosaaauuur pack! LOOKS AMAZING, little lady. How do you do it all? I mean, REALLY!!!

I totally hear you (and understand) about the dance class. I am taking a zumba class and I often catch myself doing a move that I THINK I look really cool doing, and then catch myself in the mirror, and I actually look very special.

Love ya, sweet Abby!

Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

11. Hi Abby~
    We can only leave ours alone if they are assoc members (through ST) or if they have separate insurance to be in there.
    I have only had the observation- teach one or two lesson college students- maybe I'll get one next year!
    {Oh- I started the Pop Rockin' Writing Unit today- I opted for the box, they are dying to see what is in there!! I'll post pics}
    Staci

Going Nutty!

misssquirrels@yahoo.com

12. Lelia Wendel says:

So I'm a first year teacher…and I think I live in your area! Absolutely LOVE your blog and am just praying that I get to teach first grade next year so I can use all of your amazing things! Between you and First Grade Parade I'd be set 🙂 Just wanted to thank you for blogging…it gives me hope for the future and some extra excitement! Totally dramatic 🙂 But thanks!

13. These are all so cute! Also…I'm right there with you about dancing; I'm no good, but I love to think I am!

Allyson

14. Erica says:

I student taught in 2007 in KY and we were allowed to be left alone then… wonder when things changed? Even a few years ago, one of the other teachers in our school had a student teacher and she left her in the room alone. Granted, she was literally in the room next door, but that was only 4 years ago?

15. Sarah Cooley says:

this is all DARLING! As usual! I sure wish I could buy your posters, like big sized ones. You should make them for teacher stores! You have the best drawings and anchor charts! 🙂 Sarah

16. Love your dinosaur unit! AND your charts 🙂
    Laura
    Over the 1st Grade Rainbow

17. Kristin says:

We can leave our student teachers alone . . . which is really nice!! 🙂
    CUTE dinosaur stuff and anchor charts!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

18. Lacey says:

Love love love the anchor charts and all your dino charts!! 🙂
    -Lacey
    Wild about Teaching!

19. The anchor charts you create are always spectacular! The dinosaur pack looks like a lot of hard work and great activities. Love the charts on your whiteboard. Such fun colors for the kids and great ways for them to organize their dino learnings!

Sheila

Sprinkle Teaching Magic

20. Becky says:

Just added it to my wishlist!! Looks great!
    Becky
    Teaching, Learning, & Loving

21. Love the digraph posters! The dinosaur units looks great, too!
    Thanks for the freebies. You are awesome!
    Connie
    welcometofirstgraderoom5

22. Traci says:

We are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to leave our student teachers alone during the soloing block.
    Your anchor charts are adorable.
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

23. Deanna Jump says:

Thanks so much for the shout out! I appreciate you so much. Your little Green Lantern is ADORABLE!!!

24. EmBellish says:

I love the digraph posters too! And I'm teaching a week-long Dinosaur theme summer school class – I'll totally have to pick that up! Fantastic!

Emily
    Tangled with Teaching

25. Hope your Wed. wasn't too bad!
    🙂
    The good news is that it is over now.

About green lantern….One time I found my son in the closet (literally) wearing a snow white dress and painting his nails. Now his favorite clothes are whatever is closest to him dirty or clean-matching or not- and showers are optional.

I say embrace the green lantern while you can! 🙂

26. Kristen says:

This is one of those many times I wish I taught a younger grade so I could use it with my guys–I always love seeing your work, it is so creative!!

27. Thank you! I just came back to grab your link because I posted about our use of your Pirate Mark unit today…LOVED it! 🙂

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

28. Tai Patrice says:

love love love your digraph anchor charts!!!

29. Jenni says:

so wish your anchor charts were for sale … love them!! (and everything else you do!)

30. Jenni says:

love, love, love the digraph charts … wish those were in your your tPt store. 🙂

31. Laura Wanke says:

I love your blog! I have been inspired by so many of your ideas and anchor charts. I am new to the blogging world…I recently posted to my blog a lesson that was inspired by you. Check it out if you have time!

32. Anonymous says:

When will you be posting your Kentucky Derby unit? The anticipation is killing me! =)

33. Raina says:

Your son is ADORABLE! How cute is he! I wouldn't argue it either 🙂

34. LuLu says:

I just student taught last fall in FLA and as long as we were certified to substitute (which I was) it was OK for the CT to leave us in the room & after we took over 100% we could sub for the day which helped even more!

LOVE the dino unit! OF course I didn't see it until after it matched with my unit this week! There's always next year!!!