Voc-ABBY-ulary.

1. Jess says:

Awesome! Your co-workers are lucky to have you as a resource! I would love to have a training that I actually could use in my classroom! You should have video taped it to post. Thanks for the vocabulary freebie. I just started tutoring 3rd-5th graders in the morning that are struggling to meet benchmarks. This is really going to help them to understand and make meaning of the text.
    Rambling About Reading

2. Karie says:

Your interactive vocabulary notebook pack is on my MUST BUY LIST for pay day- that along with that word nerds book! You sold me but good!!

Your co-workers are seriously lucky to have you as a resource, and though I don't teach the elementary grades, I'd die to have you as a resource as well! I am struggling hardcore with vocabulary this year! I'm feeling inspired by you & your post to keep at it!

3. Erica says:

Aaaaahhhhhh Word Nerds! 🙂 I can't WAIT until we get that book and get to read it! I am so excited!

I am also excited about your Interactive Vocabulary Notebook being on sale. OMG! It's been on my wishlist for awhile now… and now it's in my cart. 🙂 Thanks!!!

Erica
    Blooming In First

4. I asked our administrator to use it a book study! Thanks so much for sharing!

5. Jen Agent says:

You sold me! Just bought it on my kindle for only 9.99! Great post!

6. Daniel says:

that sounds amazing! I am wondering if the book is an e-book or if it comes as a hard back?

7. pammy says:

I am using your vocabulary packet this year with my second graders. I love it and highly recommend it for anyone who needs fresh ideas for vocabulary instruction. The students love it too.

8. Abby…you cost me money, but you're so darn inspiring and helpful and practical and witty and fun, that I completely and totally and entirely forgive you.

Buying the Word Nerd book fo sho.

Hope your voice gets a break! Hehehe. 🙂

Smiles – Lisa
    Growing Firsties

9. Michaela says:

I just love "pun"ny humor. You crack me up! Thanks for the great vocab resources 🙂

10. Jodi says:

You are just toooooo creative! I'll definitely had to get this book 🙂

11. Joan K says:

Thankful for my granddaughter born TODAY!!! PS Love all your great activities! Thank you!!

12. Lindsay says:

I am so thankful for amazing teachers like you that are constantly inspiring me!

13. Tanya says:

I'm leading my first PD for co-workers at my new school on this book! What parts did you find the most useful to share with your co-workers? Which acitivies did they seem to enjoy or find the most useful? I'm really trying to focus my attention for this PD on what they will find most useful! 🙂 Any tips on leading this PD would be great!!!!!

14. […] I teacher, I read the book Word Nerds and LOVED every word of it.  I wrote a post all about it HERE, and even presented it to our school during PLC meetings one day.  I highly recommend it.  Super […]

15. […] I actually read the book Word Nerds, met the authors at a conference a few years ago, and got to lead a PLC in my school all about it! Research shows that a child’s vocabulary is a key component to their success in […]