The Battle of the Bulge: Stupid Leggings

1. *S.Udy*

September 11th, 2015 at 5:42 pm

I'm at 5 weeks post baby # 2 and most definitely feel the same! People just don't get it. I've never had weight/body issues and people say "I look great" but its a challenge. I know its OK for my body to look and feel as it does, I just have to work through it mentally.
    Steph
    Simple Insights

2. Abby

September 11th, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Yes! Working through it mentally is the tough part!!! We're in this together, friend! ❤️

3. Kari

September 11th, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Abby I love your honesty!! My baby boy was due two days ago and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to come out. It's driving me crazy! I can't wait to hold him! I know I will be feeling the same as you feel now once he does come out just based on the amount of weight I have put on the last 9 months. My plan is to walk each day too. I'm hoping he likes the stroller because he will be coming with me!

Kari 🙂

4. Suzanne Bruce

September 11th, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Girl…. when did you have your baby?? Did I miss the post??

5. sewingstacey

September 11th, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Oh Abby!!! I so needed to hear this. Everyone is saying I look good and I am like…. whaaat? I weigh almost 200 lbs and feel like a giant heffer. Again, just like you…. bwing 4 weeks post partum, you feel good, but your body just isn't quite caught up with the way you are feeling. Cheers neighbor! We will conquer this little by little together. (Ps… new rule for myself= Do not step on the scale until Baby Mia is 2 months old.)

6. Kerri Buckner

September 11th, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Love the honesty! I was a big fan of workout pants in a size XL for several months post partum. I wore them like they were real pants. It takes time to get your body back!

7. Michelle

September 11th, 2015 at 9:08 pm

I'm 6 weeks pp with my first child. Although I'm back to my ore pregnancy weight, my body is NOT the same. It will definitely take some getting use to the jiggle that has invaded my backside.

8. maleea.march

September 11th, 2015 at 10:04 pm

I'm five months pp after twins. Lost ALL the baby weight which was 35 lbs. Then quit breastfeeding and gained it ALL back. UGH. So frustrating. Trying to lose it again. Thank you for your honesty. This squishy mama appreciates it!! Hang in there!

9. Jess

September 12th, 2015 at 12:10 am

I needed this tonight. I am 4 months pregnant for the first time and feeling bad about my body image. I am constantly reminding myself of my amazing baby growing. It's very hard to come to grips with my clothes starting not to fit and the awkward is she fat or pregnant look. Thanks for showing your everyday self. You encourage others.

10. Jen R

September 12th, 2015 at 12:20 am

haha – almost 10 months later and I still feel your pain!

11. DiNkY

September 12th, 2015 at 1:39 am

Currently 28 weeks pregnant dreading the postpartum body .. Thank you for your honesty!!!

12. Jaimee Granberry

September 12th, 2015 at 1:39 pm

8 weeks PP from my twins…ugh to all the new flab! However, my chocolate addiction while nursing isn't helping to combat the last 10 pounds!

13. leesepea

September 12th, 2015 at 10:13 pm

My daughter is 6 (years, not months) and I still get random people congratulating me on expecting for a second time. UHM, no. Just never lost the post-pregnancy belly. I have been the same weight (25 lbs. heavier than when I found out I was pregnant) since the day I stopped nursing. I figure without a daily personal trainer, this is as good as it gets. Also, being 6 months away from turning 40 doesn't help. We do what we can, and then we eat french fries and berate ourselves for food choices, but really, I'm comfortable with my body. I don't love it, but I don't hate it enough to do anything more than I'm already doing to change it.

14. Becky

September 12th, 2015 at 10:20 pm

I love reading your blog and the honesty is refreshing. 🙂

15. Kate

September 12th, 2015 at 11:38 pm

With my second last summer I felt the same way! It definitely took longer to lose the baby weight, but it did eventually all come off. However, although my body weight is back to normal my weight is distributed quite a bit differently than it was with my first! Good luck!

16. The Ottley's

September 14th, 2015 at 4:36 am

Haha!! Yes and a big ole amen to this post! I've had 4 kids… I hear ya!