Thirty-six and pregnant

1. Kristin

March 14th, 2019 at 5:09 pm

We also got pregnant from “that ONE time” after we tried for 3 years and IVF to have our first. And honestly, it took me a loooooong time to move from surprised to excited. Everyone kept saying how excited I must be after trying so hard the first time. And we were, but we were shocked and honesty had wrapped our brains around only having 1 kiddo. And having just finished the diapers and sleep training and all of it only to do it again was a little daunting. So I feel ya on the surprisexcited. But we both know our “plans” are laughable since we’re not really in control, haha. All the best on this pregnancy, mama!

2. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:12 am

Yes! Surprisexcited is for sure the emotion I was feeling!!!! Love your sweet story!!! #whatareplans ?! LOLOL

3. Melissa

March 14th, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Oh, Abby! I’d love your reality show! And I just love this pregnancy story! It reminds me of that song, “Life Changes”’by Thomas Rhett. “You make plans and you hear God laughing,” but what a beautiful twist added to your story! Can’t wait to hear what you’re having!

4. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:11 am

Yes! I love that song! Thank you! <3

5. Veronica

March 14th, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Well I think you look fab!

Veronica
    35 and no children.

6. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Veronica! <3

7. Mackenzie Tyson

March 14th, 2019 at 9:48 pm

I am so excited to follow you on this journey!

8. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:11 am

Thank you!!! <3

9. Christi

March 14th, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I was #surprisedexcited at 37! As my husband says, he was an answer to a prayer we didn’t know we had. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

10. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:10 am

Amen! I love that so much!!! <3 Thank you!

11. Leah Huntley

March 15th, 2019 at 9:09 am

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!!!

12. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thanks, Leah! <3

13. Karyn

March 15th, 2019 at 9:42 am

Wow! Congratulations Abby and the whole Mullins crew! So blessed!!!

By the way you ALWAYS look amazing Abby!

14. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Karyn!!! <3

15. Julie G Smith

March 15th, 2019 at 9:53 am

Giiiirl..you look AH-mazing!!! Someone once told me that God likes to make a “splash”..haha! You’ve got this! I’m still waiting on my “splash” and I turned 36 in January..ahhh! So don’t worry about your age. I’ll be the grandma walking my kindergartener to school on the first day.
    Julie

16. Abby

March 15th, 2019 at 11:10 am

Yes, he sure does! Praying for you, girl! <3

17. Amanda

March 15th, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Congratulations on your surprise…it definitely doesn’t seem like “geriatric” is fair term but I guess we are at that age … many blessings to you and your growing family

18. Connie

March 15th, 2019 at 3:37 pm

I had baby #2 at 36, baby#3 at 38 and our “bonus baby” at 43!!!!!

I also had to work hard to build our family. 3 miscarriages before #1 and 5 before #2.
    A helpful surgery removed a flap of skin from my uterus (making #1 even more of a miracle)

People used to say I was one happy preggo!( and I was!!)

Gotta love those “bonus babies” Our lives would not be complete with out her.

God is good all the time. All the time God is good!

19. Susann

March 16th, 2019 at 9:28 am

Try surpriseexcited at 40!!!! COMPLETE SHOCK! Also, my husband is 45. We have a 12 year old son and it took us almost 7 years to get pregnant with him. After he was born, we knew we wanted another child, but just “not right then”. I took birth control for about 1 or 2 years after he was born and then after that we were ready to start trying for #2. For 11 or 12 years we did nothing to prevent pregnancy and had accepted the fact that we would just be a family of 3. Wow!!! Was I ever shocked when I was a few days late and took and OLD, EXPIRED test just to set the record straight. Ha!! God definitely has different plans for us that we could never think of ourselves. Praying for you in your pregnancy, and excited to meet both of our new additions in September!!

20. Randi

March 16th, 2019 at 11:52 am

Fun!! My surprise showed up nine years after the first! Nine years of no birth control, and no baby. Husband had a back surgery and lost his job, and BAM! Here comes a baby! I was 32 at the time, and now baby girl is about to turn four. Hang on… it’s a wild ride!

21. Carol K Curry

March 16th, 2019 at 2:31 pm

I had 3 children under 3 and then 14 years later we had our 4th girl. I was 42 years old but she has been a real joy. She is super close to her 3 sisters. She has 9 nieces and nephews and is a wonderful aunt. She is a great daughter. Having 3 under 3 was fun but exhausting. With this baby I had time to savor all the firsts knowing it would be the last time I would be experiencing it. She has kept us young. Good luck and enjoy.

22. Janice

March 16th, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Oh my gosh Abby I am sooooo happy for you and your beautiful family. I have been inspired by you for many years ! You are an amazing mom and teacher! May you continue to be blessed by God’s surprises

23. Andrea Brooks

March 18th, 2019 at 10:31 pm

You are an amazing momma! We got preggo with our surprise Baby #3 when our second was only 8 months old We had tried for nearly 2 years with our second child, (1 ectopic, 1 miscarriage and infertility meds finally got us our little man) However, with our surprise #3 we knew the exact day and time bc (I mean) who has the time with a breastfeeding 8 month old around) All in God’s Timing and Purpose we believe. She is the perfect addition to our sweet family. So excited for you and your family!

24. Lisa

March 26th, 2019 at 8:32 am

Oh wow!!! I’m so happy for you! Congratulations! You have a beautiful family, what a lucky baby to get to join you clan! ❤️

25. A Precipitous Labor and Delivery - Babbling Abby

October 22nd, 2019 at 4:52 pm

[…] because of infertility or some circumstance that rendered his conception difficult – I just never thought we’d have another baby. We had three beautiful children. Three […]