I don’t like being pregnant

1. Bridget

April 3rd, 2019 at 5:41 pm

100% in the same boat! I mean, literally, since we’re at the same week, hahaha …but seriously! For me, it’s been McDonald’s French fries! My first pregnancy it was Chick-fil-A breakfast. I may have to add a Dunkin breakfast sandwich to the mix because that sounds amazing. You’re rocking that little, sweet bump! You look adorable and amazing! And ummm…I need jeans info because I love them! Keep up the good work, pregnant Abby! You’re doing just fine for that baby!

2. Erin

April 3rd, 2019 at 6:00 pm

I hear ya. I threw up every day for 9 months will all 3 of my pregnancies. Those memories are seared in my brain 😉 however I do love my kids dearly so it was worth it. But I never want to do it again. 🙂

3. Emily

April 3rd, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Abby, I am nodding my head through this whole thing! I’m on pregnancy #2 and a week behind you. I feel like my cravings and belly growth and normal ness is just really out of whack. Glad to know I’m not the only one…as I go through the drive thru line for my daily craving of whatever. Why can’t I crave kale and veggies?? Here’s to sitting on the couch, eating junk food, and watching Real Housewives in repeat. Thankful for these little blessings in our bellies.

4. Amanda Pittman

April 3rd, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Abby…I just love you! Thank you for being so real and honest about so many things. While I didn’t have the same feelings about my pregnancy many of my friends did and I thank you for giving them someone to relate to. Please keep writing and posting all the things, but only when you feel like it! Take some time to be a slug and enjoy the couch a bit! You deserve it! In the meantime I’ll be praying for a girl here in Southwest KY (because Faith needs a sister )

5. Lisa

April 3rd, 2019 at 8:17 pm

As a woman who struggled with infertility and never was able to have children or adopt I appreciate your disclaimer at the beginning of your post. However, I wish you didn’t feel like you had to do that. I was just having this same conversation with a pregnant coworker. We all need to embrace where we are at and support each other. I would have given anything to know what it’s like to be pregnant. But that doesn’t give me the right to make other women who are pregnant feel guilty if they say “Ugh! Being pregnant is HARD!” It seems like an incredibly difficult thing to do for all the reasons you said plus others. I know pregnant women are grateful and love their babies. Girlies, we have to stick together and be there to listen, support and help each other!! I’m sorry it’s hard for you Abby. I hope you are feeling better very soon!!❤️

6. Alejandra

April 4th, 2019 at 12:08 am

When you posted you we’re pregnant I was a bit envious as we were heading in the direction that we were “done” with 3. Lo and behold, I’m almost 13 weeks pregnant with our 4th! Total surprise especially since I had trouble conceiving our 3rd with 2 losses and low progesterone and a gene mutation. This one must be what we needed! Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy. I already look big too! I just say, my body knows what to do and jumped into gear.

7. Donna

April 5th, 2019 at 1:20 pm

First I love Dots and not even pregnant. Pregnancy is different for everyone. And you are right it’s worth it in the end as soon as you hold that sweet baby. Just got to get through these few months.

8. Amanda

April 5th, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Growing a human is HARD… you look great though! My morning sickness lasted all pregnancy (with both) and the only thing that would help was not getting out of bed before 6am (seriously even at 5:59am my body was ruthless)… if it helps just know that I am binging on ice cream too (because it’s Friday,maybe because the weathers nice, or because I started doing my taxes all the reasons are good with me)… loving your story best wishes!

9. Jenn

April 6th, 2019 at 7:31 am

I’m in the same boat! 16 weeks, second baby. There’s nothing “beautiful” about it. I’ll eat a plate of pickles followed by half a bag of chips then chocolate milk! Being sick for weeks. Teaching while pregnant makes things even crazier! The emotions are uncontrollable. My students remind me they love me and that I’m acting a bit crazy in the nicest way that an 8 year old can! Hang in there!! Summer is coming (where we can lounge and eat without too many eyes watching!)

10. Pregnancy: An Update - Babbling Abby

January 16th, 2020 at 5:25 am

[…] in any way not excited and overjoyed and in love with the final result, but I actually do not enjoy being pregnant.  Baby?  Oh, yes, yes, yes!  Over the moon about the baby!  Weight gain and nausea and food […]