File Size: N/A
Total Pages: 200+
What is The Little Learner?
The Little Learner is a printable book designed to help teach and reinforce basic skills, such as personal information, early literacy and numeracy, and cognitive and language development.
You will find that some sections of The Little Learner are editable so that you can add the information pertinent to your child or student(s) – like name, birthday, address, etc. Other sections are not editable and should be printed as is. This resource works great for preschoolers, kindergarteners, English Language Learners and different ability learners alike.
Click on PREVIEW to learn more and see this resource in detail!
Who Created The Little Learner?
The Little Learner was designed by W. Abby Mullins, a former kindergarten and first grade teacher and mother of three, who most recently was an interventionist in a Title I school. She designed this resource with her own preschool-aged children in mind, so that she could personalize the materials to meet their specific needs and be more intentional about working on the included skills. She fully intends for this resource to accompany – not replace– authentic children’s literature and good teaching practices.
How Do I Create The Little Learner?
The Little Learner was designed to be printable and in color. There is not a black and white version, though you should have the printing option to choose grayscale if you like. You can print as many copies as you wish and choose to print pages individually if there are pages or sections that you do not want to print.
Once printed, simply hole punch the pages and add them to a binder. or metal ring. Printing on cardstock and/or laminating the pages is recommended to ensure the durability and longevity of the resource. Alternatively, you could also use a binding machine or have the pages printed, laminated, and bound at your local business supply store (i.e. Staples, Office Depot, etc).
What’s Included in The Little Learner?
– All About Me (customizable via PDF)
– Uppercase Alphabet + Pictures
– Days of the Week, Months of the Year, Weathers and Seasons
– Color Recognition and Identification
– Lowercase Alphabet + Pictures
– Number Recognition and Identification 0-20
– Quantity of Objects Recognition to 5
– Shape Recognition and Identification
– Ordinal Number Practice (first, second, third, fourth, fifth, last)
– Body Part Recognition and Identification
– 10 Themed Vocabulary Pages
– Positional Words | Prepositions
* BONUS: Big Letter Names Activity
Where can I learn more about this?
You can read more about The Little Learner HERE.